Re: [RC] Joint supplements in treat form? - firedancefarms

Jennifer,
I'll reply on ridecamp as well as others might be interested in my mare's results.  We have a 26 year old mare who got arthritis in her neck really bad..so much so that she couldn't bend down to drink or eat.  We did the adequan injections series and now she is on 'chondroprotect' which is a shot she gets every two weeks.  She is a new horse: gallops to the barn and grazes in the pasture.
The cost works out to be $1 a day.  Because she is a pasture horse, it would be very difficult to give oral supplements.
In other horses, I have seen no evidence that the oral supplements work.  I do believe MSM worked on an older gelding we had.
There is a treat called HER MAJESTY'S Wafers that has the supplement.
In my one horse study, I gave the biotin version of this treat religiously for 8 months to a horse with terrible feet and saw no difference at all.  Guess that wasn't the problem!  But it sure was convient to just hop out and give her a wafer before I left for work in the morning!
Louise
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms