Re: [RC] FEI is OK with Bute ... no reaction from the US? - Truman Prevatt

I'm under the assumption that it is a proposal that has not yet passed. I've been out of town and have not paid much attention.
I'm not a member of FEI so I have no say. What they do is their business. However, it will be interesting to see how this impacts the interaction of FEI rides in the USA. I guess the USEF could maintain the current policy and there would be no change. However, if the USEF followed the FEI - the AERC durg rule would be in direct conflict with the FEI drug rule.

That would mean one of two things, the riders in the US would be running under different rules than those in the rest of the world since a  normally at FEI rides in the US a rider is entered in both the AERC open ride and FEI ride. I guess a rider could be disqualified from the AERC ride by not the FEI ride if they tested for bute. It would be interested to see that flap. It could also mean that there will be a larger separation of the sport FEI vs. AERC in the US.

It is really too early to tell the impact. However, it is yet another example that the sports are diverging and at some point a separation is probably eventually coming.

Truman

Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
FEI is OK with Bute ... no reaction from the US?

Hello,
I find a bit strange that no reactions are coming from the other side of the ocean. In Europe it seems that the biggest nations were against this new regulation.

I heard that the proposal came from the US? Any comments? Was the US fedaration supporting this request? And if this is true, how can a federation propose such a big change without first getting input from the riders?

I know that our federation are governed by showjumping lobbies but am I so naive?

Opinions ?

Leonard, Belgium

--
“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”  Friedrich Nietzsche