Re: [RC] AERC members should come first...ALWAYS - Elizabeth Walker

Let me turn Lisa's question around:  why *shouldn't* AERC sanction a special
ride for FEI riders?  All those riders are most likely AERC members, so why
shouldn't they also get AERC credit for the miles?   As was pointed out, there
are 4 other rides nearby in that timeframe, so non-FEI riders are not being
short-changed in any way.

Merri brought up the theory that the entry fee structure could be a way of
pointing non-FEI folks to the other rides, which can only help the other rides.
I would be more inclined to think it is a fallout of AERC sanctioning.  I am
guessing that in order to be AERC sanctioned, the ride has to be open to all
AERC members.

So - if you want a special FEI qualification ride, but you want the riders to
also be able to get AERC credit, how do you do that?  Answer:  get AERC
sanctioning, allow AERC-only entries, but charge an FEI price for all entries.
It meets the requirements (open to all AERC members), but effectively limits
the entries to FEI riders only.  Makes sense to me.