Re: [RC] AERC members should come first...ALWAYS - Merri Melde

Perhaps we are not giving the Ride Manager of Git R Done enough credit.

?As Alexa said, there are FOUR rides within the PS region in the same month. Maybe the RM put the high entry fees on the Git R Done AERC entries to SUPPORT these other rides to ENCOURAGE riders to go to them - as they normally would.

I have also passed up rides because I felt they were too expensive, too hard, too far away, and I went to other ones. No big deal.

I must confess, even after having read the rest of her post, I am having a hard time figuring out why riders (except for those riders who want to go and get the FEI qualifications for their horses) should even care about this...at all.

If some people don't want to go, then the difference to those people between the AERC not sanctioning it and the AERC sanctioning it is totally irrelevant.? How does it matter if the AERC has sanctioned a ride that you don't go to?? The AERC sanctions all kinds of rides that not all members want to go to.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me to offer AERC members who want to get their FEI qualifications as many opportunities to do so as long as they can find a ride manager to host the ride. And if those people have to pay a higher entry fee than at other rides that don't offer the opportunity to get FEI qualifications, why should the people who aren't going to the ride care about that at all.

I just don't get it? Just what isn't "right" about this situation?

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)