[RC] white powdery/gooey frogs - fhall

My Paint mare began to show the slightest hint of being uncomfortable in her heels on the concrete so we began to investigate. The hoof and frog looked mostly normal with no deep central sulcus or collateral grooves, but after some probing we found some softer areas on the frog along the central sulcus near the heel. She had some small cracks, looked almost like fine lines. As we probed deeper, the top layer of the frog was loose and smelly underneath. It was not black and slimy like I normally see with thrush. It was more like a crumbly/powdery to cheesy texture and white. This is only on the frog itself. It is not sole flaking or shedding but down in the frog. Per the vet, we are treating like we would thrush. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks

FHall