[RC] Acorns - sherman

Title: Message
My horses eat acorns from the approx 40 trees in our pastures as well as the leaves from the oak trees without any issues. Occasionally, horses can/do develop problems. Last year, one of my five horses wasn't quite right, nothing specific, but I knew he was stuffing himself with acorns as he was out 24/7 and not eating all of his hay. I started keeping him in overnight so he'd eat more hay than acorns and he was back to his normal self in a few days. I think oaks and acorns are on the list of plants toxic to horses, but so are apples.

Kathy