[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Abu Dhabi: Al Baloushi expects much fromJayhal Ghost - Merri

Thenational.ae

Amith Passela
November 13. 2009

ABU DHABI - The Al Reef Stables leading rider and trainer Yousef Ahmed al Baloushi spearheads a three-pronged attack in tomorrow’s 120km Sorouh Cup, the opening race at the Emirates International Endurance Village in Al Wathba.

Al Baloushi, in charge of the Al Ain wing of the endurance stables, rides the 10-year-old Jayhal Ghost on whom he won an 80km race in Dubai a fortnight ago.

"This horse was returning from injury after a year," said al Baloushi. "He ran a good first race for me on his return and I am pretty happy to jump on board him again. I would like to think he will run another good race and stay over the longer distance."

But al Baloushi felt the two entries from the stables Abu Dhabi wing, Silverspring Kabir Arwa and Kipp, would be the ones to watch.

Silverspring Kabir Arwa is the defending champion of the race and was second in the 160km President’s Cup. The two-times President’s Cup winner Abdulla Khamis Ali Saeed rides the 10-year-old Australian mare Kitt, who was third in a 120km race in her first run in the UAE last season. And al Baloushi added: "I won on Kitt in Australia and she's got loads of ability to win first time out in the season. These three are the fancied entries for the stables but then it's now always the fancied runner who wins.

"There are more than 100 entries and it's always tough."

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 11/13/2009 07:49:00 PM