Re: [RC] FEI entry fees - stephanie teeter

I think one has to recognize the cultural differences in how the sport is conducted. Most countries run their FEI endurance races similar to what we see here in the USA. There is often more active crewing, including crewing on the course - and more aggressive crewing/cooling at vetchecks (and on the course) in other countries... But riding the course with jeeps is pretty much limited to the Middle East.

Also - FEI really doesn't care about AERC or how we do the sport. There is adequate financing out there from other sources - they don't need our money, or our opinions on how to run the sport. In the last few years there has been a clear split (imo) between FEI and non-FEI endurance. We (AERC and the majority of endurance 'riders' ) really don't need to feel threatened by what is happening at the International level. The expenses of doing FEI have seriously limited the number of people that can participate at this level I think. Between the expense and the commitment there just aren't that many here in the USA that can seriously pursue it. It's much more intense these days and you really really have to be dedicated - and good - to get to the top, and stay there.

Steph