Re: [RC] FEI entry fees - stephanie teeter

I don't know what Ft Howes entries were, but the Fandango was $150 for just AERC, $275 for AERC/FEI for the 100 mile (CEI***) entry. I was able to pay the bills, but only because there was a good turnout (for Idaho) since everybody needed to qualify their horses according to the new rules.
It's incredibly expensive to host FEI rides - and to participate in USEF and FEI events. Between the expense and the hassle and the flat-ish courses that the riders need/want...it just isn't anything that interests me anymore.  I'm even finding it hard to drum up the interest in reporting on the big races.  They are dominated by big money players over-seas and between the horse sales, trainers, owners, prize monies and sponsors it feels more like the flat track racing industry than the sport of endurance. It's not so bad here in the USA and probably never will be - at least I hope not!

Steph