Re: [RC] Diagonals on Curves - Elizabeth Walker

I would like this one clarified as well.  I normally post so that I am standing when the inside leg hits the ground going around a curve.  This is opposite of what sherman wrote, so I would be interested in hearing rationale for each one.

I stand when the inside leg is on the ground just because it feels better -- if it is a tight turn, it seems to me to be easier for the horse to make the turn if the inside leg is weighted, rather than the outside leg.   If I am riding in an arena in a circle, I would also stand when the inside leg is on the ground, so there is no difference in riding a turn on the trail and riding a tight circle in the arena.