[RC] Diagonals - sherman

Title: Message
Whichever fore you are sitting on, you are rising as the other moves forward, and the fore that you are rising with determines which diagonal you are posting to. I wouldn't worry about wording, though, just know that the correct diagonal to be on while circling or trotting on a curve on the trail will be when you are sitting when the inside fore hits the ground. I think posting on the incorrect diagonal (for the direction you are traveling) as well as weakness of the horse on that diagonal will have an effect on the roughness that you might feel.

If I got that wrong, someone please correct me.

Kathy

 Don Huston wrote:

 So we are still trotting to the right and I'm sitting as the left fore is hitting the ground. For some reason I found it much easier to tell which fore was hitting the ground as I sat, not as I rose....so what diagonal was I on?

The other thing going on was it felt like I was pushed up hard and a little to the right when on this rough diag, like it was the action of the left hind coming forward and bumping me not the right hind driving as I sat. Is that possible?