[RC] Git R Done Special in January - k s swigart

Kassandra said:

And please do not take it personal by stating they
 “obviously do not want just AERC riders”  I think
 that is unfair statement that is misinformed.

I must confess, I assumed, because of the charging of $500 to $600 as an entry
fee for "AERC only" riders in the Git R Done Special in January, the intent was
to discourage any "AERC only" riders from attending.  Because FEI rides have
to be AERC sanctioned as well, it may be that they are not allowed to actually
deny entry to riders who do not want to do the FEI ride, but would rather not
have them there so they just decided to make it cost prohibitive.

I can understand why a Southern California (or otherwise "localish") FEI rider
might be willing to cough up that kind of entry fee in order to qualify their
horse through the FEI star system according to the new requirements, as doing
so is cheaper than paying for the gas money and taking the time to drive to
Montana or Florida or wherever else there might be an FEI event.  But no AERC
only rider in their right mind would do it if they could go to Fire Mountain (a
stone's throw away in Ridgecrest also in January, a week later) and do the 50
miler there for $100.  Or they could go to 20 Mule Team (a stone's throw away
in Ridgecrest in February, a month later) and do the 65 or 100 miler there for
maybe $200 at most (they were $110 and $165 last year).

If the ride management of the Git R Done Special in January DOES want AERC only
riders to come, they have probably priced it wrong to attract many of these
people.

Rather than assuming that ride management is too stupid to figure out that they
have probably priced it wrong if they want to get many AERC only riders to
attend.  I consider it much more polite to assume that they know what they are
doing, and they really don't want them to come.  And they may have a very good
reason for that.  I consider it polite to assume that as well.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)