[RC] Single with one horse - sharon . hahn

I have my own place and until recently lived alone.  I have two horses and will usually just bring both to the ride - even if I only ride one, the other one just hangs out at camp.  If I'm only going to be gone overnight, I may leave the "extra" horse home and just put out extra hay (my horses are pastured 24/7).

I also have 2 llamas which can easily be left home alone for the weekend.  This also provides company for the "left behind" horse.

Another option is to have a neighbor come over and feed the horse you left behind, but you hate to impose on people every other weekend, even if you pay them.