[RC] Single with One Horse - Michelle Aquilino

I am currently fine boarding my horse, but would really like to have my own place one of these years.? My qualm is related to my being single (and I don't want to "plan" on finding someone before then, ha ha).? I would like my horse to have company, but it would be preferable to not have other farm animals (whether it's another horse, goat, or whatnot)?to worry about when I leave constantly for endurance weekends.? So I'm not sure what would work best or what other people do.? There was only one freak boarding situation where she was having pecking order issues, and it was ridiculously painful to trail ride away from the barn.? In general though, she could care less about leaving other horses, and doesn't care about seeing them when she returns from a ride (while they're all whinnying and neighing like crazy about seeing HER, ha ha).? I have seen her close to another horse though, and know that she enjoys their company.? Of course, in a two horse situation, the other horse can sometimes go crazy when you take one of the horses away, and I don't want that situation either.? I love seeing her bonded with another horse, I can tell she's happy, but it seems really difficult to have two horses with all the traveling I do, and the fact that I don't have a spouse to cover for me when I'm gone, ha ha.? Anyway, just trying to work out my plan, and thought I'd ask =)
?
-Michelle

-- "Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"