[RC] fencing question - vjhogen

I need to get some opinions on fencing.  We bought our house 4 yrs ago, it was fenced with 4 strand barb wire.  We ran a two strand hot wire fence around to make two  dry lot areas.  This has worked fairly well, but I noticed last winter that the white tape was stretching and not holding a charge very well.  We are ready to redo the fencing.  I don't like the white tape, so I am ready to change materials.. My horse shoer was telling me about high tensile and he swears by it.  What are peoples opinions of it.  We are ripping out old barb wire fence lines and replacing those with whatever we go with.  Our place is ten acres 9 of which is pasture.  We currently have an 8 acre pasture and two seperate dry lots plus a large corral off of the barn with no climb fencing.  The corral is in good shape, so it doesn't need any help.  What kind of luck have people had with fencing options.  I love the look of vinyl, but that isn't an option right now..  Our entire place is fenced in with barb wire, we have a gate on the drive way.  Should we keep that the way it is, and just run new fencing lines where we want them inside?

Thanks, you guys are always full of good info..

vickie hogen