Re: [RC] Running and riding - Elyse Carreno

Most of the times that I get off and run are on a downhill that is long and rocky. If mounted I would usually only feel comfortable asking her for a walk, but if I get off and unsnap my reins, then we will usually do a little jog/slide down. It really feels great on the knees to stretch them out, and I am sure it?is?a great relief for the horse's front end to have that extra weight off?when having to travel downhill. I also use it as an opportunity to grab leaves, grasses or whatever else is growing on the side of the trail and feed it to the horse. I just do a quick snatch as we're jogging and then hold it behind me-my mare?comes up and takes it out of my hand and then backs off to avoid squashing me.
?
I do get off and tail sometimes as well, but that's less of a run and more of a scramble while clutching my asthmatic chest. ;-)
?
-Elyse