[RC] Running and riding - vjhogen

I need some advise from those riders who run with their horses.. I have recently started running when I condition and really enjoy it.  I was able to make it to a ride 2 weeks ago and decided to try my hand at running and give him a little break.  I found that he needs the first 22 miles well behind us before it is safe to get off and run vs get off and be drug at high speeds.. :) I would really like some imput from experienced riders who run. When is it best to run, what is going to help the horse the most, and so forth. Any advice is welcome..

vickie hogen