Re: [RC] Running and riding - Sisu West Ranch

The only trick is to teach the horse that even if he is excited polite horses go in hand just like they do at the walk or trot-out.  I carry a whip/bat during the training time.  It doesn't take long for them to figure out that if they get their nose past your shoulder it is unpleasant.  More frustrating is the horse that figures now is the time to be lazy and hang back.  That one needs a longer whip.

I have gotten older now, so I slow things down to much when I run during a ride.  I just use it for training me to improve cardio (and hopefully prevent another attack, but that is neither here or there.)

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875