Re: [RC] Running and riding - Michael Lewis - Tom Noll

Vickie,

Mike gives very good advice about running.  Like Mike, I've used the running to get out of camp with a variety of horses.  I have also used running on long and rocky downhills. and on uphills to make it easier on my horse.  One time last summer, I untacked Frank and ran the last loop of a 50 because of minor tack galls and intermittent lameness.  It was really fun to run the trail with my partner right behind matching my steps.  The only issue is that Frank will sometimes head-butt me when he thinks that I am moving too slowly.  I don't run as much as I once did, but running is a very good skill to have in your bag of tricks.

Best Regards,

Tom Noll
SW Idaho