Re: [RC] Rain on fire damaged terrain/ Santa Cruz Mts - Barbara McCrary

So far, so good. We've had high winds, too, but only about 1.75" of rain so far. Over the weekend, we seeded out 1/2 ton of annual ryegrass, provided by Cal Fire. At 9:45 this morning, I received a recorded mandatory evacuation call from County Emergency Services. As with the fire, we aren't leaving. We're on top of a hill, no weak trees within reach of the house, a large generator and chainsaws at the ready. We're been prepared to live through emergencies since Lud's great-grandfather arrived here in 1869. Lud cleaned out the gutters yesterday, just in time. Water is running nicely through the downspouts and onto the ground. Our phone and electricity are still with us, and yesterday we laid in a large stack of dry oak into our woodshed. We're all set.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Drew
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Rain on fire damaged terrain/ Santa Cruz Mts

In case Barbara doesn't reply.   I'm on the ridgetops above her.  So far we have had over 2.5 inches of rain with wind gusts hitting 50mph.  I haven't heard Cal Fire at Big Creek near her place responding to Mud, debris  flow reports so far this morning.  The stom is however supposed to stall over the Santa Cruz Mts later today.  Flood and high wind warnings have been posted for our area

Eric