Re: [RC] Pictures - Elizabeth Walker

Splint boots can help protect or possibly minimize an injury if your horse takes a bad step, stumble or whatever.  I wish I had been using splint boots on Caisson the last ride we were on.  He ended the ride with a cracked splint bone, and associated trauma to the tendons and suspensory.  I'm not sure exactly when he did it - could have been a couple of places, early in the ride.  (I suspect the near-bath incident with the water trough.)  I think the damage could have been minimized if he had been wearing protective boots.   I guarantee you, he doesn't leave his corral without his splint boots these days.