[RC] re: renaming horses - Michelle Aquilino

I understand about changing the names you call something.? My cat was "Spooky" at the shelter.? No way was I going to have a black cat named Spooky, ha ha.? He was "cat" for a while ("dog" to my brother-in-law, since he is weird, lol), and is now Baci, which means "kisses" in Italian, since he is a kissing machine, ha ha.? Anyway...? I don't tend to change the name unless the name is absolutely horrid (and even then, I agree, don't change the "registered" name, just what you call the horse).? My horse was "Cheyenne" when I bought her, and really have no reason to change it, so that remains her name.? Her registered name is nothing to get excited about - Rockn K-Zar (not related to K-Zar Emmanuel), but I use that as her name for all registrations, out of respect of her breeder, and also to separate her.? After all, how many "Cheyenne"s are there out there?? ha ha.

-- "Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"