Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6865 - Melinda Faubel

I must admit I like getting a completion award.? Even if it's nothing more than a feed pan.? Sure, finishing the race is an accomplishment unto itself, but it feels a bit hollow to not get anything.? There was a mix up at Death Valley last year and completion awards were only available for the first day.? I completed all 4 days - my very first multiday.? It would have been nice to have something that I could show off that accomplishment.?
?
The lamest award?? Well, I love all of mine so I don't think any of them are "stupid", but the funniest one was at Wild West in 2008.? It RAINED for 3 days and after completed day 2 I was SOAKED.? My finishers award was a neck band that you soak to keep cool.....Ha!? It makes me laugh everytime I see it.
?
Melinda