RE: [RC] award???? - ll cole

I've ridden at two Ld"S and have gone to two rides where my husband rode. I am very, very new and will be riding my first 25 tomorrow in Ok. I would love a tee-shirt or such cause anything still excites me. They asked,and sent a list of questions,...and I haven't answered cause I am so green. But, having said that....I am 4 for 4 at volunteering at these rides to help do something. Sometimes there hasn't been anything I needed to do at the time I could do it, but I have always asked. And I always say thank you.....my Southern Mama would roll in her grave if I were anything but polite. (and she has spun on occasion...but those folks deserved it!!). Ride managers are awesome, and I hope to be able to join the ranks when I learn enough. So are volunteers...vets...helpers...food preparers....and a hearty Thank You to all!!!

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:25:03 -0700
From: belesemobud@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] award????
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are ya'll serious? I mean it. You are putting in your wish lists for awards like you are registering at Macy's or Dillard's.  Shame on you.
How many have shown up early to flag trails, chalk  lines and replace signs that motorcyclists and paint ball bean heads have stripped.
How many have help set up registeration packets, making sure maps, dinner tickets, vet cards are in them.
 How many of ya'll have gotten off your pathic pity party butts to help check pulses, vet cards when you are pulled or RO?
And How many of you have stayed a little longer on Sunday morning to help clean up cups, paper plates, horse crap, dog poop.
And my least favorite, HOW MANY OF YOU TELL the ride manager THANK YOU???? Shameful, Shameful

Donna and "Bud"