[RC] Awards - carolyn

Lif Strand wrote:
> I have a couple of questions for all of you about awards. Answer any or
> all, as you please - but please do answer!
>
> 1. Do awards make a difference as to whether you'd go to a ride or
> not? If so, what's the minimum type of award that makes the difference?
No, awards don't matter to me.  I appreciate a nice trail and a decent basecamp more than the awards.

> 2. Rides used to give out buckles for awards, but don't any more. Is
> it because they're too expensive and add a cost to the ride that riders
> won't bear? Or is it because riders don't care about buckles?
My Husband would love a belt buckle, since he wears them all the time, and he would be willing to pay for the buckle and wait to get it.  I

think if you do want to do a belt buckle, people should understand that due to logistics and cost, that they won't be available for a few week

after the ride.  That way the ride manager doesn't have to shell out in advance and either come up short or have too many.

> 3. What about T-shirts? Jackets?
I love t-shirts.  Everytime I pull one out to wear, it is a great reminder of the ride, especially ones that are no longer run.  My Doncaster Renegade

t-shirt is my prized shirt. Sizes are always a problem though for me.  They never have enough smalls or mediums, and yes, there are still people who
fall into those size categories.  I'm also tall so I would like one that is long enough to stay tucked in.

> 4. What's the best completion or other award you've ever gotten? And
> would you want to always be able to get an award like that?
I got an 8QT feed bucket once.  That was great, you can never have too many of those.  I also got a great little flashlight.

> 5. What's the lousiest completion award you've ever gotten? And if you
> feel it was lousy, why?
I don't like getting a certificate as a completion award.  I'd rather get nothing.

> 6. What's your recommendation for a perfect completion award?
Completion awards aren't necessary for me.  I'd rather have a good trail and a way for ride managers to offer less expensive rides.

Carolyn Burgess
Newton, TX
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-