[RC] Proof through Research - Naomi Preston

I'm am not opposed to questioning the status quo, and trying new things.  I think we'd all agree, though, that the safety of our horses is our #1 concern.  I am only a sample of one, but I know my horse benefits from the 45-60 min holds.  Horses are different, as we know, and your horse may be different from mine.  On a 30 min hold, it usually takes 10 or more minutes to get through the vet line, and then you're left with very little time for the horse to eat, drink, etc.

As far as comparing Multi-Day and top level one-day rides, the ride times may not reflect a difference, but I do believe there is a different "mind set" of the multi-day riders, versus the "mind set" of someone trying to win a national ride.  The multi-day rider wants their horse to ride several days in a row; the one-day national rider may be willing to push the envelope with the horse.  We need to protect these, and all horses.   Even if it's just one horse.

Naomi