[RC] AERCNC100 - Sep 10 update - stephanie teeter

Good crowd gathered here, 62 starters in the 100. One is a 70-year-old woman. One is a 10-year-old boy. There's a Paso Fino, a half-Standardbred, 2 mules.

Tons of volunteers and sponsors helped put on this ride, Dave Rabe was the Trail Marking God. "Ray Charles wouldn't get lost here!"

Head vet Rob Lydon encouraged everybody to have fun and take care of their horses, riders responded with enthusiasm. Charisse Glen summed it up: "I try to remember to come into every vet check with a smile - and to have fun!"

My forecast says 97* tomorrow; Kassandra's said 91*, so let's go with that one!

Ride starts at 5 AM in the dark; Kassandra left after the ride meeting to go put glowsticks out for the start tomorrow.

Merri