Re: [RC] Bitting Issue - magnumsmom

The thing that comes to mind for me is stopping or slowing
the horse has more to do with controlling the rear feet than
running through the bit.  Disengaging the rear and teaching
the horse to stay focused on the rider works better than
pulling on the mouth.  Not that I am any good at this yet,
but I'm sure trying hard with my new horse!

A good Ray Hunt trainer and ground work is where to start.
I found this youtube video which shows what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGB4D1Kolo

- Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM