From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Everhart
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 3:01 PM
To: Melissa Margetts; ridecamp
Subject: Re: [RC] Maryanne & Mongol Derby

I agree wholeheartedly with what Melissa has stated.  While others have determined that any nay sayers were just "jealous," I firmly believe that most were motivated by a true concern for the horses.  I am highly suspicious of any group which would not only hide info about the route, but would not show the "world" the condition of each horse as it arrived at the various stopping points if for NO OTHER REASON than to prove to the "world" that "all was well" with the ponies.

Whomever was in charge of their PR did a lousy job, from beginning to end, with the public perception, to this point.  I sincerely hope they have a solid plan in place when/if they release a documentary about this event that is not also shrouded in secrecy and deceit.

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082