[RC] Old Selam - A Howling Good Ride! - Naomi Preston

Why was this awesome Idaho two-day ride howling good?  Well, because we got treated to hearing wolves howl in the morning.  No matter what side of the wolf debate you're on, there's something that stirs the soul when you hear wolves howling in the wild.  That was just a bonus, because the ride is first class all the way -- superbly marked trails, great mountain views, excellent footing (except for a very few rocky places), great ride management (thanks Beth, Liz, Sene, and all the great SWIT/DR volunteers), and an awesome potluck the length of a football field.  And the ride fees were the lowest we've paid all year.

And speaking of wildlife, driving home about 5 miles out of camp we saw a 6 pt bull elk, a cow and calf elk up close.  :-))

If you get a chance, try to make this ride next year!
Naomi