Re: [RC] The Benefits of Challenge - Truman Prevatt

Bruce Weary DC wrote:
 It seems that there are two avenues of thought in deciding whether to ride Tevis or not.

To get to the Tevis from my house I have to drive through the Rockie Mountains. We started out twice. We had every intention of going on to the Tevis in '96 after I did the ROC and my brave wife was going to do her first 100. Utah was so nice, the country so beautiful, remote and peaceful that we stayed did a ride there, moved on back to CO and did Rich Childs wonderful High Country ride near one of my favorite spots on the face of the earth in Colorado, did the Gunninson  ride (in Gunninson, CO) and headed home. In '97 we headed out to Bolder  - I was working out of Denver that summer. We had all the intentions of going to the Tevis. But alas - I just could not see leaving the spectacular Rockies - and we didn't. So for me - it is the simple fact I can't get passed the Rockies ;-) .

The Sierras are o'kay but they are not the Colorado Rockies - not even close.

Truman
--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan