Re: [RC] Tevis - Thumps - Barbara McCrary

Dave Nicholson told me once that thumps are directly related to dehydration.  I think he has it pegged.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 10:09 AM
Subject: [RC] Tevis - Thumps

Seems to me, either a horse is thumping or isn't  Usually it is pretty obvious but can be subtle enough that if the vet isn't paying close attention, he can miss it. I just can 't imagine a vet mistakingly diagnosing thumps...either it is there or it isn't and if it the horse is thumping, then there is some kind of problem (electrolyte imbalance?) that needs to be addressed.