[RC] Boots - Rebecca Hackworth

Please I don't wish to start boot wars here on Ridecamp but I would
like to offer another opinion.

I have used Easy Boots for 11 years, the first 8 were Easyboots over
shoes.  Got tired of Yahoo Cowboy farriers that would not listen to
me about how to shoe my horse, wouldn't show up when promised, trying
to work out a schedule that would most benefit my horse, so we went
barefoot 3 years ago.

Used every boot Easy Care made.  Glue On, foamed on, strapped on,
teeth, gators in all versions.....Easy is such a misnomer.....they
were all a pain if we were doing more than a training ride.  Vet
Wrap, knee high nylons, TR Ointment to prevent scratches, Mushers
secret to prevent rubs.  Sometimes I would have no problems, other
times my horse's fetlocks would be bright pink and raw.  If allowed
to recover a day on a multiday, I could ride again.  This was the
biggest reason my '06 season is full of every other day multiday
rides.  I was also 2nd place in the contest.  975 miles that year.
My Daughter rode my horse at one ride that year and the sand got in
there and caused a problem.  We just took all 4 boots off and she
finished just fine due to my horses' good feet.

Switched to Renegades about a year ago.  These boots really are easy
to apply and remove.  There is a learning curve with them but it is
MUCH shorter than with EasyBoots.  My answer was "snug on the hoof
and 3 fingers on the fetlock".  Tightened the upper strap too tight
once and had a problem, but since loosening it I have had NO PROBLEMS
AT ALL.   Has worked for many many training miles and 100 miles at
Schellbourne this year.

And one more time, I am only for what works for you and your horse.