[RC] Boots for "Emergencies" - Rusty Toth

I believe that time tested and true is a good thing. Easy Boots have been around a long time :)

I do ride in a easy boot glove now and have barefoot horses however I am new to all this. I rode for years in shoes and always had an easy boot in my saddle bag. More than once I have lost shoes on rides and needed my trusted easy boot to complete the ride, and they performed beautifully every time.

I remembering losing a shoe at 20 miles into a 100 and rode the rest of the ride with the easy boot, never lost it or worried about it for the rest of the 80 miles to come. I lived in the northwest then and my gelding had soft feet from the months of rain. I have also used them over shoes without an issue for both training and competing.

The glove is a wonderful product, no hardware at all, cables, buckles, nothing and fit wonderfully. I don't need vet wrap, socks, duck tape to keep them on either though some do. No one boot is perfect for every horse or rider. I have seen sores from gaiter and sores from the heel captivator both. Though the sores I have seen from the captivator were much worse.

Maybe look into the epic for your emergency boot. No teeth inside - it does have the traditional snap buckle in the front for easy tight fit and very easy and fast application and removal. The buckle tends to hold better in mud and rain than all the velcro on the renegades.

Also remember a horse did complete Tevis with old school easy boots as well.

Personally I *love* the glove and I would go that route.

All the best,

Rusty