Re: [RC] Snakes - Born Country

Snake story - My husband, son and I were riding through a winding, narrow trail in a fairly thick woods. ?My son and I were a bit ahead of my husband, when he called to us to come back. ?Turning and riding back, we were startled to see a medium-size rattlesnake coiled next to the trail. ?Our horses' hooves had come within inches of the snake. ?Why the snake didn't pay attention to us, I don't know. ?It was definitely alive, though.

I've ridden in Florida, Georgia and Alabama for the past 30 years. ?In all that time, I've seen 3 (maybe 4) rattlesnakes. ?None of them were aggressive; maybe they had just eaten or were just plain lazy, but I'm sure glad they decided to be passive on those particular days.

Esther and Chagalle, who pretty much ignores snakes
?
"Life is a canvas, throw a lot of paint on it" Danny Kaye (January 18, 1913 – March 3, 1987)