Re: [RC] riding "Frontier" at Tevis - Barbara McCrary

One year, Lud rode Frontier on Tevis and he had to carry his horse's grain on the saddle.  The bag had a hole torn in it during the ride and he had to hold the bag together with one hand while holding the reins with the other.  I'm not convinced it is worth the effort.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Judy Houle
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 5:39 PM
Subject: [RC] riding "Frontier" at Tevis

The Tevis used to have a program called the Frontier Award where anyone could sign up and ride without a crew.  They provided hay and grain at every stop in a special cordoned off area.  I did it way back in '85 and got a special buckle that said Frontier Award.  It was actually a very trouble free way to ride.  You didn't have to worry about finding your crew at every stop or imposing on anyone, we had the best area at each stop, it was great.  I think they should have a deal where if you pay extra they will have a special area for people without crews with hay and mash.