From: Michelle Aquilino <michelle.antoinette@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:55:36 PM
Subject: [RC] Riding Cavalry

I looked back in the archives over a year, and couldn't find anything on my question, so I'm posting, lol.  Is there any detriment to riding cavalry as a newbie rider and horse (have done LDs, just not full endurance yet)?  I know that you can't use a crew, or eat any food/hay lying on the ground from other horses, and that you have to pack all your vet check stuff in your saddle bags.  I'm assuming that you can still talk to the vet and ask the vet questions during the hold?  And that you can always drop out of cavalry and finish the ride as a normal rider, if something happens that forces you to have help...  I never really have a crew, and like the idea of doing it all on my own, but didn't know if there was anything that I am not thinking of or realizing?  Thanks!  -Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"