[RC] Saddle Suggestions - Naomi Preston

Just another comment about saddles.  If you're not doing a lot of miles, you can "get by "with a saddle that doesn't fit so well.  For awhile.  BUT, if you're planning on being serious about riding, as in 50's and longer distances, a good fitting saddle is a must.  And then you have to decide how important the well-being of your horse is to you.  I tried LOTS of saddles getting started in this sport, and it get's expensive, even when you're buying "off the rack" saddles.  Not much value in those saddles when they're used.  I've tried Boz also, and it worked great for awhile, then we started having back issues.   It's a "one size fits all" saddle, if you believe that.

My recommendation is to put your money into a high quality, good fitting saddle, made by a reputable manufacturer who will guarantee your purchase.  It may cost more, but will be worth it in the long run.  And it will probably last a lot longer than a cheaper saddle ever will.

Naomi Preston