Re: [RC] Black is way hotter! - Truman Prevatt

Absolutely not. All other things being equal a dark horse will have to deal with a higher heat load. However, it is very seldom that all other things are equal. Personally, I would not have a gray horse.

Truman

EnduroGal wrote:
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

What-evah…  I’m just sayin’ that, in my experience, you don’t want to pass up a chance to buy a nice dark-colored horse simply because you think a gray coat will help to dissipate heat better!  …And by the way, I now have a second dark bay, and he appears to do as well in the heat as the first one did! J

EG

P.S. – You’re definitely the most consistent responder out there… you must be working on your thesis in “Endurance Horse Studies.”  ;-))

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan