[RC] little experience cont - Kathie Ford

In reference to my post riding the canyons we rode from Robinson Flat to Foresthill. Which is not 14 miles. More like 30+. The whole middle of Tevis.

Sorry Bruce if I didnt make that clear.

The horses barefoot did just fine on those 30+ miles. They had extra hoof which was still pretty much in tact.  I rode in the gloves and didn't lose even the rears. They did good to. No glue, no foam. Just snug fit. Prior to this, I rode barefoot about 20 miles w/Phil Gardner from Foresthill to the bottom of El Dorado and back. Just under 20 miles and my mare was fine and still is.

I was experimenting w/the gloves pre tevis which I can't do now due to the increased late fee. Bummer..but there is still next year! Will probably be in glue-ons and a freeform saddle too!

kathie