Re: [RC] hot, HUMID, riding - Val Nicoson

Good topic as the midwest heats up with heat and humidity.? Question I have always pondered, and personally have trouble with is best cooling options for the RIDER.? I am the weak link here, not my horses.? I tend to get easily overheated as my body doesn't cool very effectively.? Would love the Cool Medics products but in humid conditions they don't help as they tend to trap heat.?

The options I've found to date that work for me is remove my helmet and/or find plenty of cool water to get into or pour over me.? The other option I use is to choose my rides carefully to avoid too much heat/humidity.?

Any other ideas out there I'm overlooking??

Thanks,
Val

?