[RC] hot, HUMID, riding - Jane Rodrigue

I moved from West Virginia to Vicksburg, Mississippi this spring - what a difference in weather!  I have been afraid to ride my mare because of the high temperatures and humidities for the past month.  Even if the temperatures are in the cool 80s in the morning, the humidity is usually up around 86% at that time.  In the early evening, the humidities are lower, but the temperatures are in the 90s.
Does everyone in the south take the summer off of riding?  Am I being too cautious?
Jane