Re: [RC] Mongol riders? - Steph Teeter

aw c'mon Steve! There's been some real civil and informed talk going on (and really not much else to talk about for the moment :)?

My take on this whole thing: caring for animals is a luxury, and also an education process. In the age of instant info (internet) we have a chance to actually spread some of the 'care for the beasts' philosophy. It wasn't that long ago that the SPCA came about here in this country (and Beautiful Jim Key the amazing horse and that helped spread the animal kindness notion). ?Yes, there is much animal abuse (by our standards) especially in under-developed countries... many of those countries have just as much human abuse too. ?This is a good rally cry for people that care about animals, and a chance to raise a little awareness in people, and places, where perhaps it didn't exist.

Steph