[RC] Christoph in Mongolia - Melissa Margetts

Carla wrote:
Melissa, Christoph was thinking of signing up for this race, before they left last Saturday. I don't know if he will, I'm sure they're going to check it out, but as of Friday when I was there getting boots put back on Khid for this weekend's ride, he was thinking of entering...

Hey Carla, It was good seeing you at Strawberry Fields Forever, you hard core tent camper you! It took me the entire following day just to recover from the one evening with the big three C's,...Carla, Crockett & Cuervo! I rode the whole next day under the influence of Maalox and aspirin. Damn Girl, you rode all three days in the rain and mud too. I talked with Christoph a little about the Mongolia trip when we were at S.F.F.and at that time he was just concentrating on Tevis, Nationals and possibly joining me in Australia for the Quilty. He would be one of the only people I can think of who would be prepared enough, experienced enough, light enough, tough enough, & be willing to RUN more than ride and know enough about horse physiology that I would absolutely cheer him on right to the finish line of the Mongolian Rally and feel he wouldn't kill a horse in the process. He'd be the first to tell you though that it has even happened to HIM where one of his top quality, well conditioned, high mileage horses has died at an AERC ride. And that man spends more time running and tailing behind a horse than anyone I've ever met in order to save his horse. If this ride goes through, and he's in it, he'll probably be the one rider with the best chance to prove it can be done in the safest way for the horse. Sorry I wont see you at Tevis. Cabo is on "pasture rest" till then so we wont be doing the Shamrock or Horse Park rides. We'll stop at Christoph's for a new horse pedicure for Cabo then caravan together out to Auburn. Give Khid a carrot for us and we'll probably see you at the Ducks Grand Canyon XP next.
I have always ended my emails with the quote:
"If you're not livin on the edge, yer takin up too much space!" But after this long and controversial Mongolian thread, I think I'll just say,
Happy Trails
Melissa Margetts