[RC] Mongolian ride and other questionable activities - Sandy Adams

You know, most everyone agrees that the horses are not willing
participants - they do what we MAKE them do when we saddle them up, for
the most part.They may truly LIKE a lot of what we enjoy doing with
them, but make no mistake - as we have purported for YEARS, much of
what makes a good, workable team is...being  a TEAM! That means many
things, but one thing I KNOW it means is making decisions - for your
partner who has no voice - that are in his or her best interests. This event and others like it
IMO are not good decisions.

When one does EVERYTHING RIGHT, by the BOOK, safely and with all
prudence, things still CAN and DO go wrong - and horses die, people
get hurt. So why on GOD'S GREEN EARTH would one NOT want to do
everything right - to do everything in one's power to care for that
dumb partner, and to know at the end of the day.... they did not abuse
the privilege given to us - to share in some EXTRAORDINARY events with
these beautiful creatures??

Maybe car racing IS more up some people's alley
Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians

=