[RC] My last thoughts on Mongolia for now - Melissa Margetts

I was signed up and supposed to be in Mongolia RIGHT NOW, EVEN AS WE SPEAK, with Christoph Schork and Dian from Global Endurance to do the Nadaam festival in Ulaan Baatuur followed by horse trekking with them from June 27th through July 15th, but I got side tracked and am going to do the Quilty in Sept. instead. I read ALL of the requirements and descriptions and "plan-of-action" available or written on "The Adventurists Mongolian Rally website and weighed it against the LongRidersGuilds evaluation based on their own long research over several months monitoring the development of this event, as well as weighing it against everything I have read or been told by the AERC or their certified vets as well as input from riders with VERY extensive experience in endurance riding or riding specifically in Mongolia. I guess no one has a real definitive answer on how this event will go until it happens and all plays out. No one who is a member of AERC is signed up for it nor apparently has contact with anyone who is directly associated or knows any of the main players, coordinators or vets. Christoph is going to be in Ulaan Baatuur this week and it would be great to get some feedback from a very experienced "one of our own", as he has ridden there and coordinated horse trekking there many times. Maybe he can check out the vet situation etc. so we all feel a little better or a little worse.
Melissa Margetts