RE: [RC] The Instant Transition: From Shoes to Tough Boot Training Overnight - Kevin Myers

We go off trail quite a bit, too, although we have to be *very* careful with the cactus around here. It is like riding in a wilderness full of barbed wire sometimes – barbed wire that is growing out of the ground!

One of the things I like about these boots is that their profile is smooth and there is practically nothing for un-trail debris to catch onto.

Kevin

From: Dot Wiggins [mailto:dotwgns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:20 PM
To: Kevin Myers; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] The Instant Transition: From Shoes to Tough Boot Training Overnight

I have some questions for you.   How do the various kinds of boots work when you have to go "off trail"?

I know they are effective in rocks and sand etc., but do all the buckles, clips, straps, cables and gaiters ever catch in the ground brush, down limbs, sage brush, or rank,tough grass you might have to go through?

Some of us don't get to ride on nice trails all the time.  We have to bush-whack it cross country often.

Do you have any experience under these conditions?

Thanks much