[RC] Hoof boot for trail "feel"? - sherman

Title: Message
It doesn't seem to me that if the horse is "missing" the trail with his hoof that any hoof protection, whether it's a boot or a shoe, would help him to "feel" and be able to place the hooves any better. I believe that horses have a sense of where there body, legs, hooves are in relation to their environment and trail which is why they can place their back hooves where they need to be even though they can't see them. If they had to wait 'til they could feel the trail, I don't think they'd be able to jog, trot, gallop down a trail that was anything less than perfect. I don't think I'd ride a horse on sheer drop-offs that couldn't keep his hooves on the trail.

Kathy

Hoof boot for trail "feel"? I was on an extremely narrow trail with sheer drop-offs on Saturday and the rider behind me mentioned she'd seen my horse's down-hill hind foot miss the trail several times because he travels wide in the back.? I do training barefoot, and had E-Z boot bares on all for hooves for the ride.? (By the way, I could feel his foot miss and hear the sand and gravel falling off the trail.)? She suggested that perhaps he wasn't feeling the trail and that's why he kept making missteps.? I'm wondering if there is a boot that is lighter, thinner, and perhaps would give him a better feel for the trail?? If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly welcome them.

Thanks,
--
Sharlene Roberts-Caudle