[RC] [Endurance Tracks] Nevada: Local Doctor featured in Documentary - Endurance.Net

KOLOTV.com - newscast, Arabian Silk documentary

The name of the film is based in part on the horses featured in this documentary. Arabians are the horse of choice when it comes to endurance riding.

Dr. Jerry Zebrack whistles for his ten arab horses to come and visit us. They are the only kind of horses he owns. That's because Dr. Zebrack competes in endurance riding-- 24-hour races that can cover up to 100 miles.

“I think the reason I still do it is I still don't know if I can do the next ride,” says Dr. Zebrack

He's been doing it for the last 27 years which is remarkable in itself when you consider his very first endurance ride.

“It was the worst horriblist, hardest thing I've ever done in my life,” says Dr. Zebrack.
Asked if he’d describe himself as tenacious?
“Oh that's a great word,” replies Dr. Zebrack

Dr. Zebrack's journey, along with his horses, and the event of endurance riding itself grabbed the attention of local documentary film makers Christine Lazzaini.

“The first time I cam down this dirt road I had no idea that it was going to change my life. This is actually the fastest growing equestrian discipline in the world,” says Lazzaini

“I hurt a lot. I'm getting old,” says Dr. Zebrack during the course of the film

Two and a half years later Lazzaini's film "Arabian Silk" is being featured at the Reno Film Festival.

A cardiologist by profession Dr. Zebrack says he never imagined he'd be highlighted in a documentary on endurance riding. He says he's nothing special., and that's the message he hopes the audience take with it after viewing the film.

“I can do that, because I think people can,” says Dr. Zebrack

“Arabian Silk” will be judged Saturday afternoon at KNPB studios.
Lazziani hopes to win the audience choice award, Nevada category Saturday night.

watch video clip KOLOTV.com - newscast, Arabian Silk documentary

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to Endurance Tracks at 6/19/2009 06:35:00 PM