Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 5:55 AM
Subject: [RC] lions and bears and palm leaf's oh my!!!!

When I was 12 I was riding home alone  along the Alaska highway which was deserted ( and runs through the middle of nowhere, which is where we lived :-)) when my pony and I came across a grizzly bear and her two cubs, I don't think I breathed or had a heartbeat for the few minutes it took to get by her , however I seemed to be the only creature of the bunch worried about anything  as my pony walked by the bear family totally unconcerned & mama bear watched us quietly.
Kat's comments re: what horses are afraid of had me laughing as it brought back a similar point my 15 yr old had last winter , we were lucky enough to be able to spend the winter in Florida this year, we rode by a pond with an alligator in it.cool! We had never seen one outside of a zoo so spent a few minutes sitting on the horses quietly watching it,( horse were not worried about the 6ft long swimming carnivore) about an hour later my mare dumped me  when she spooked at a dead palm tree branch!!!!!!

Chrystal :-)